What does website tracking enable?
Tracking your own website is the base for monitoring the success of online marketing.
With the help of website tracking, we can answer the following questions, for example:
- Where do my website visitors come from?
- Which of my websites is clicked on the most?
- How long does a visitor stay on my website?
- What is the bounce rate on my websites?
- At what times are the numbers of visitors to my websites the highest?
Among others, this data gives us conclusions about the user-friendliness (usability) of the website.
But we can also use website tracking to measure the performance of advertising campaigns via the various online marketing channels.
- Which channel brings the most visitors to my website?
- How are the transactions or leads distributed across the individual channels?
- Which advertising campaign generates the most clicks or sales within a channel?
In addition, website tracking enables a detailed analysis of, for example, category and product pages in online shops. This gives us an overview not only of individual orders but also of the buying behavior from site visitors.
Conversion tracking is set up to track transactions or other valuable actions that contribute to the success of the website. And if online advertising is also placed, the success becomes measurable with the help of Ads Conversion Tracking.
How does website tracking work?
In most cases, website tracking is done via first-party cookies. Here, the data is only read between the user and the website operator.
As soon as the user visits a page, he automatically receives a cookie. With a unique number stored in this cookie, the user can be tracked and recognized over several pages and different time periods.
Which website tracking tools are available?
A variety of free and paid tools are available for website tracking. One of the most frequently used is Google Analytics, which can be integrated into your website by using Google Tag Manager.
You are looking for the optimal solution for your website tracking?
We are happy to support you in planning, configuring and setting up website tracking.